- Published on Friday, 02 May 2008 19:02
Resources for the media
- An Answer to the the global food crisis: Peasants and small farmers can feed the world
- Sustainable family farming can feed the world
- Small scale sustainable farmers are cooling down the earth
- Open Letter: Concrete measures are needed to strengthen peasant and farmer-based food production
More on www.viacampesina.org
Farmer's leaders available for interviews (mobile phones)
- Ibrahim Coulibali, Mali + 2236761126 (en français)
- Alberto Gomez, Mexico + 525541777846 (en español)
- Dena Hof, United States + 1 406-939-1839 (in English)
- Paul Nicholson, Basque Country + 34636451566 (Español, English, Français)
- Henry Saragih, Indonesia + 628163144441 (Bahasa Indonesia, English)
- Chukki Najundaswamy, India + 919448241401 (in English)
Via Campesina farmer's mobilisations
- « Peasant's agriculture creates biodiversity » : mobilisation during the Convention on Biodiversity Conference meetings in Bonn, 19-30 May.
- « Food sovereignty can solve the food crisis» : mobilisation during the FAO conference conference on world food security: the challenges of climate change and bioenergy, Rome, 1-5 June.
- « Implement peasant's rights to solve the food crisis": International Via Campesina conference on peasant's rights in Jakarta, 20-24 June.
- "G8 Governments: Stop corporate control over food, land and resources", mobilisation during the G8 summit in Hokkaido, 7-9 July.
Some external resources
- Annalyse critique des causes de la flambée des prix agricoles mondiaux
(Jacques Berthelot, Solidarité)
- En la era del post –petrolera: Movilizándonos para rescatar nuestro sistema alimentario
(Miguel A. Altieri, Alai-amalatina)
- Making a killing from hunger