- Published on Wednesday, 26 May 2010 14:55
Adopted by the General Assembly of Social Movements May 16, 2010 in Madrid
The earthquake of January 12, 2010 in Haiti has opened a new period of crisis in this country, which comes on top of the prolonged structural crisis resulting from more than 500 years of colonial and neocolonial rule and the imposition of 30 years of neoliberal policies.
Linking Alternatives 4 (EA4) salutes the courage and resilience of the Haitian people, who every day since the disaster, provide an exemplary lesson of solidarity, mutual aid and self-organization.
- Published on Wednesday, 19 May 2010 22:05
Interview with Fausto Torres of La Via Campesina Nicaragua
The international organization Via Campesina, which gathers peasants from all over the world, welcomes the consultations called by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) around the tendency and use of land, to be carried out this week in Brasilia.
The leader of the Rural Workers’ Association of Nicaragua, Fausto Torres, says this is a chance to influence in the international policies on food sovereignty and the production and development models imposed by capitalism through agribusiness.
However, the Central American activist warns that even though the FAO allows for a certain level of influence and exchange between the organizations, the aspirations of the peasant, environmental, indigenous, women and young peoples’ movements should not go unnoticed.
- Published on Tuesday, 18 May 2010 14:14
La Via Campesina International with representatives from Europe and Latin America are meeting in Madrid from the 14th to 18th of May to affirm their united opposition to the trade agreements which threaten small and medium sized producers from both continents.
The EU is holding a summit in Madrid with Latin American leaders where it hopes to close the aggressive agreements during the Spanish presidency of the EU.
These agreements have no benefit whatsoever to farmers and citizens on either side of the Atlantic.
- Published on Friday, 23 April 2010 09:22
- In response to the criminalisation of the social struggle, La Via Campesina sends a message of solidarity
- La Via Campesina at the World Social Forum in order to promote Food Sovereignty
- La Via Campesina Newsletter March 2015
- March 14th: International day of struggle against dams, in defense of the rivers, water and life!
- International Forum on Agroecology Declaration brings common understanding of agroecology